Largest manufacturer of Metal Buildings, Steel Buildings, Engineered Metal Structures with FREE Shipping* & Financing available. All metal buildings are completely custom to your needs, and can be scaled up or down as needed. Steel building kits, metal building kits ship in kit form & are available nationwide. Local delivery & Installation available** - We will beat any written comparable quote by 5% - We are a manufacturer, not a dealer. Buy factory direct and save thousands. We can assist in coordinating your local third party site work. Superior Stronger Engineered Steel Framing for less than wood frame prices. Custom engineered structures, metal buildings, and metal storage buildings are better than quonset hut buildings. Steel framing is stronger, lasts a life time, is better than a wood frame building.
As a manufacturer of engineered steel buildings, we focus on providing you with the best pricing on our engineered metal building kits, manufactured specifically for your property. We design, engineer, fabricate any size metal building, including prefabricated engineered steel structures capable of any wind, snow, loads.
- Our engineered structural steel framing is ready for your own siding, roofing, windows, doors and finishes.
- Save thousands by purchasing our complete engineered steel framing kit, each is manufactured specific to your lot/property codes, loads, permit requirements.
- Each engineered metal building kit includes stamped engineered drawings specific to your property in your name.
- Our engineered steel building kits are designed to be sheathed with your own locally available cladding, roofing, siding, windows & doors.
- Complete material kits for all other items such as siding are available is shipped from local distributor/vendor in your area.
- Optional "STEEL ROOFING/SIDING/TRIM" kit available for each metal building
We are a manufacturer of steel framing and though we can also sell other locally available materials, you can save even more by purchasing materials that we do not manufacture locally for much less.
***THIS IS A FRAMING KIT ASSEMBLY REQUIRED
Why would I choose engineered steel framing ?
- Green Terra Homes' Commercial Grade Galvanized Structural Steel Frame components are offer unmatched quality without the prevalent defects found in stick framing such as warping or knots.
- Our Commercial Grade Galvanized Structural Steel Framing is uniform with precise standardized measurements unlike stick framing where no two pieces are alike or measure as advertised, there is no such item referred to as a 2'x6' piece of lumber. None are 2" nor 6", no stick frame home or structures is constructed in precise measurements as consistent in our engineered steel framing.
- Superior Stronger Commercial Grade Galvanized Structural Steel Framing
- Engineered Structural Steel Frame homes and buildings will maintain its integrity indefinitely without any issues such as rot or corrosion or termite infestation.
- Structural Steel Frames are lighter yet stronger than stick frame homes and buildings.
- Read complete list of benefits of our Commercial Grade Galvanized Structural Steel Framing
Green Terra Homes framing kits are do-it-yourself friendly because the building system bolts together, and all of the welding is done at the factory prior to delivery. All of your framed openings such as windows, doors are pre-punched before leaving the factory based on the plans you have chosen. This significantly reduces construction costs, time and ease of assembly.
Custom metal building kits are pre engineered and designed for easy DIY assembly on any flat surface and have options for roofing, siding, trim, doors, windows. Designed to be sheathed with your choice of steel, wood, shingles, or any other choice you desire. The steel building kits are priced as framing kit only thereby allowing clients to choose their own locally available sheathing materials. Optional complete sheathing packages available that can include galvanized or galvalume steel panels for use as cladding and or roofing materials in a broad choice of colors and profiles. Optional trim packages for fascia, soffit, corner trim available. Our standard options for doors, windows, and hardware are off the shelf choices from local commercial door & window manufacturers and are shipped separately direct from the local manufacturer (if ordered with structure).
- Available in any length - Standard 4/12 roof pitch. Custom roof pitch options available charges apply.
- All widths & custom sizing available- charges apply.
- We can design, engineer, fabricate any size metal building, including prefabricated engineered steel buildings capable of any wind, snow, loads.
So What is included in the this Prefab Metal Building Framing Kit price listed on our site?
- Architectural Plans
- Engineered Stamped Structural plans (charges apply)
- Framing for your own doors/window
- Complete Engineered Steel Frame (Post & Beam Framing)
- Foundation Post "Saddles" for install when you pour your concrete footings (see image below)
- Rafters and or Trusses (as applicable per plan)
- Wall Girts
- Roof and eve purlins
- Kelly screws, strapping, brackets, foundation post saddles
- Instruction - Assembly Guide
- Rigid Frame Post/Beam Building
- Building Code: IBC, state/provincial codes, design engineered, stamped by engineer licensed in your state/province
- Snow Load: Specific to your lot/land as per local code and load requirements
- Wind Load: Specific to your lot/land as per local code and load requirements
- Frame Type: Post & Beam as pictured below
- Bay Spacing: Varied by size
- Roof Slope: 4:12 pitch
- Complete "STEEL ROOFING/SIDING/TRIM" kit
- Man doors
- Overhead doors
Typical Post & Beam Framing Kit Diagram
Foundation post Saddles Included
Secondary Framing Diagram
What is NOT included?
- Site grading and excavation
- Foundation floor engineering and installation
- Services and hook ups
- Doors and windows
- All exterior sheeting and finishing materials
- All interior sheeting and finishing materials
- And anything Not listed in the inclusions above
Have more questions or Ready to proceed with an order?
Please make sure to visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for further details and answers that can guide you through the process
if you wish to speak to a Sales Representative please Click Here, fill out the form and we will be happy to assist.
Fill out the Contact Us page form and request a callback for a quote or attach the link of the product you are interested in.
For Terms and Production Timelines please Click Here.
Our steel building kits are NON RESIDENTIAL structures and are NOT designed to meet residential building codes and we do not recommend that they be used for habitation. If you are attempting to purchase a metal structure and use for residential usage, we will not be able to accommodate you as far as plans and engineering, we do however offer garage homes under our Homes and Cottages section. Steel building kits and metal building kits, are stronger, last a life time, are precut, no guess work, easier, faster, and better than a wood kit that you must measure & cut on site.
Though these are designed as DIY (Do It Yourself) kits, not all owner/builders may be capable and or wish to assemble the home on their own. Local framing crews may be used as owner/builder deems appropriate. Larger metal buildings do require equipment, crane, and or other devices to raise the post and beam structure and or rafter truss systems, professional assistance is recommended for all installations.
Please note that drawings on the web site are artist renderings - actual units may vary based on your order. Items shown on images & designs such as decks, porches, skirts, landscaping, etc. are not included.
* Financing Terms & conditions presented are determined based on your credit, income, existing equity as well as the type and cost of the product being purchased.
Better Structural Strength
Because steel has the highest strength to weight ratio of any building material, it is by nature a superior construction material. Steel does not rot, warp, split, crack or creep and will not expand or contract with moisture content.
A steel framed home or building will always have straight walls and square corners; therefore, homeowners will be relieved to find no aggravating nail pops or drywall cracks. Steel framing can take popular finishes like brick, stucco, stone or siding.
Better Fire Protection
The most frightening aspect of a house or building fire is the rapidity with which it can spread, a factor that's multiplied many times over by the easy availability of wood framing as fuel.
Steel will not contribute fuel to a fire. If a fire does start in a steel-framed home or building, it's less likely to spread from the area of origin. Tragic loss, due to fires that ignite and spread in framing, can be limited by the use of steel framing.
Better Mold Resistance
Mold is a significant cause of poor indoor air quality and resultant respiratory ailments. Steel framing can help resist the onset and growth of mold.
Mold requires an organic substrate such as wood to grow and thrive. Being inorganic, steel framing actually inhibits the growth of mold, and promotes a healthier, more comfortable living environment.
Better Termite Resistance
Termites cause millions of dollars in damage to homes and buildings each year. Termites wreak havoc, chewing through wood framing and weakening the foundation of a home or building. Some building departments require treatment to your foundation for termites before building, but section R202 of the International Residential Code states that steel framing is a "termite resistant material".
Steel is resistant to termites, thus preserving the structural integrity of a steel-framed homes and buildings, and providing it with years of security and durability against destructive pests, including termites and wood ants.
Better for the Environment
An average sized wood framed home or building requires at least 40 trees to be cut for framing. The framing for a typical steel framed home or building can be made from 6 recycled cars. The use of steel framing saves the nation's forests and has a positive impact on the environment.
Because steel-framing is unaffected by temperature or humidity changes, the building is more energy-efficient, thus saving on fuel costs. The lower energy consumption helps the initiative to further conserving our natural resources.
Benefits for the DIY Owner Builder
Our commercial grade galvanized structural steel has some major benefits.
Firstly the price: Steel is competitive against timber stick frame and with a shorter build time, there is less labor to pay for.
Peace of mind: There is a 25 Year Warranty on all steel framing. It will not rot, warp or expand, so the house/structure stays watertight. And because it won't rot, it's also healthier to live in. Steel is resistant to fire, as well as borer and termites. A solid investment!
Its greener: Our commercial grade galvanized structural steel is sustainable and a great environmental choice. There is also no waste. Every piece is cut to precise length, punched, pre-drilled, labeled and often assembled before it leaves the factory.
Steel is 100% recyclable. Our commercial grade galvanized structural steel is ‘green’ being the most recycled product in the world!
- The slender profile of steel, its strength and light-weight makes it an ideal option and no cranes are required to assemble the framework, which saves time and money.
- What would you prefer to do, chop down 40 to 50 trees or recycle 6 cars? That`s what it takes to prefabricate a steel frame for the average house or structure.
- Many appreciate the simplicity of the screw-together framing, especially as there is no need for special tools.
- Our commercial grade galvanized structural steel is ideal for environmentally sensitive sites as there is minimum disruption and disturbance to the native vegetation. It is particularly suited to sloping sites where access is difficult.
When you are looking for strength, durability and quality, steel framing is the natural choice for brick, veneer and direct-clad construction of homes, structures, and similar low-rise buildings.
Steel framing also offers other outstanding features and advantages such as:
- Steel frames do not absorb moisture and will not rot or grow toxic mold. As a result, they are considered non-allergenic and have a neutral impact on indoor air quality.
- Steel frames provide occupants with extra protection from lightning as energy is conducted straight to ground, and does not release destructively within the framework.
- Because of its properties including strength and lightness, steel framing is an excellent material to resist earthquakes.
- Steel framing resists fire. Under high heat it will deform but will not burn. Steel frames do not contribute to the spread of fire or increase the fire load. Fire resistance, with excellent fire hazard properties so you just can’t ignite it, and it doesn't add fuel to the fire.
- Steel framing cannot be attacked by vermin or insects such as borer moth and termites.
- Our commercial grade galvanized structural steel frames means less strain on builders/erectors and therefore provides a safer work site.
Steel is strong and light...
- The wall frames and roof trusses can be positioned and screwed together in even the most remote locations without needing access to the power grid
- Our commercial grade galvanized structural steel allows you to build safely and competitively on sloping sites even on the most difficult terrain. We can supply you with a floor system to sit on top of adjustable stumps which makes assembly very easy and you can trailer in most components.
- Steel frames can be used in all climate conditions.
- Steel beam depths are around half that of timber beams offering greater usable space and lower costs than that of other materials.
- Our commercial grade galvanized structural steel's superior strength and flexibility provides increased spanning capabilities meaning fewer columns/stud support requirements and therefore more usable space.
- You can get open-plan living at a competitive price, as steel is 40% stronger than wood and approximately 10% of the weight.
- Hi-tensile steel has the highest strength-to-weight ratio of most conventional building materials.
- Steel does not warp, bow or twist due to shrinkage, ensuring no long term movement problems with the framing and trusses.
- Unlike timber, steel does not creep and long term deflection is minimal.
- Consistent quality and dimensions ensures ease of use and long life.
- Wide availability, so the preferred design can be built virtually anywhere in the world.
- Low maintenance requirements, requiring low cost and effort to keep its design qualities intact.
- Trade familiarity, so there is always ready access to the skills to modify or extend the building.
- Reliability, therefore no need to replace steel building products because of technical improvements, changes in fashion or new research requirements.
- Design freedom, to easily create optimum architectural forms to suit client needs and local building conditions.