Largest Manufacturer of engineered structural steel frame prefab homes, Modern steel frame Kit Houses manufactured with our proprietary commercial grade galvanized structural steel framing, House Kits with FREE Shipping* & easy Financing. All plans are completely custom to your needs, and all home sizes can be scaled up or down as needed. We will beat any written comparable quote by 5%. We are a manufacturer, not a dealer. Buy factory direct engineered commercial grade galvanized structural steel frame prefab homes for sale and save thousands. We offer assembly workshops for our Prefab Homes, Kit Homes, Prefabricated Homes, Prefabs A-frame Homes, Homes Prefab. Use our standard styles and plans as a starting point or bring us your own plan, we are a manufacturer and our factory can produce any home design, any floor plan, and architectural design that you choose. Use our existing home styles and home plans as a pricing tool. Find a style and size closest to your custom home, and use the cost shown per square foot as a starting point for your custom home design.
Why would I choose a structural steel frame kit home over a typical stick frame home?
Steel framing, is stronger, lasts a life time, and is better than a stick frame home:
- Green Terra Homes' Commercial Grade Galvanized Structural Steel Frame components are offer unmatched quality without the prevalent defects found in stick frame mobile homes such as warping or knots.
- Our manufactured homes consist of two layers of insulation on all walls and roofs, and three layers of insulation on all floors, exceeding standards by at least 25%. Consisting of an external thermal break layer comprised of rigid ISO foam board on all exterior surfaces along with an internal layer of high quality stone wool mineral fiber insulation for steel framing. Floor systems include a third insulation blanket layer within the undercarriage area. This superior insulation combination reduces sound penetration while offering exceptional fire protection.
- Our Commercial Grade Galvanized Structural Steel Framing is uniform with precise standardized measurements unlike stick framing where no two pieces are alike or measure as advertised, there is no such item referred to as a 2'x6' piece of lumber. None are 2" nor 6", no stick frame home is constructed in precise measurements as consistent in our engineered steel framing.
- Superior Stronger Commercial Grade Galvanized Structural Steel Framing
- Engineered Structural Steel Frame home will maintain its integrity indefinitely without any issues such as rot or corrosion or termite infestation.
- Structural Steel Frames are lighter yet stronger than stick frame homes
- Read complete list of benefits of our Commercial Grade Galvanized Structural Steel Frame manufactured homes
Better Structural Strength
Because steel has the highest strength to weight ratio of any building material, it is by nature a superior construction material. Steel does not rot, warp, split, crack or creep and will not expand or contract with moisture content.
A steel framed home will always have straight walls and square corners; therefore, homeowners will be relieved to find no aggravating nail pops or drywall cracks. Steel framing can take popular finishes like brick, stucco, stone or siding.
Better Fire Protection
The most frightening aspect of a house fire is the rapidity with which it can spread, a factor that's multiplied many times over by the easy availability of wood framing as fuel.
Steel will not contribute fuel to a fire. If a fire does start in a steel-framed home, it's less likely to spread from the area of origin. Tragic loss, due to fires that ignite and spread in framing, can be limited by the use of steel framing.
Better Mold Resistance
Mold is a significant cause of poor indoor air quality and resultant respiratory ailments. Steel framing can help resist the onset and growth of mold.
Mold requires an organic substrate such as wood to grow and thrive. Being inorganic, steel framing actually inhibits the growth of mold, and promotes a healthier, more comfortable living environment.
Better Termite Resistance
Termites cause millions of dollars in damage to homes each year. Termites wreak havoc, chewing through wood framing and weakening the foundation of a home. Some building departments require treatment to your foundation for termites before building, but section R202 of the International Residential Code states that steel framing is a "termite resistant material".
Steel is resistant to termites, thus preserving the structural integrity of a steel-framed home, and providing it with years of security and durability against destructive pests, including termites and wood ants.
Better for the Environment
An average sized wood framed home requires at least 40 trees to be cut for framing. The framing for a typical steel framed home can be made from 6 recycled cars. The use of steel framing saves the nation's forests and has a positive impact on the environment.
Because steel-framing is unaffected by temperature or humidity changes, the building is more energy-efficient, thus saving on fuel costs. The lower energy consumption helps the initiative to further conserving our natural resources.
Benefits for the DIY Owner Builder
Our commercial grade galvanized structural steel has some major benefits.
Firstly the price: Steel is competitive against timber stick frame and with a shorter build time, there is less labor to pay for.
Peace of mind: There is a 25 Year Warranty on all steel framing. It will not rot, warp or expand, so the house stays watertight. And because it won't rot, it's also healthier to live in. Steel is resistant to fire, as well as borer and termites. A solid investment!
Its greener: Our commercial grade galvanized structural steel is sustainable and a great environmental choice. There is also no waste. Every piece is cut to precise length, punched, pre-drilled, labeled and often assembled before it leaves the factory.
Steel is 100% recyclable. Our commercial grade galvanized structural steel is ‘green’ being the most recycled product in the world!
- The slender profile of steel, its strength and light-weight makes it an ideal option and no cranes are required to assemble the framework, which saves time and money.
- What would you prefer to do, chop down 40 to 50 trees or recycle 6 cars? That`s what it takes to prefabricate a steel frame for the average house.
- Many appreciate the simplicity of the screw-together framing, especially as there is no need for special tools.
- Our commercial grade galvanized structural steel is ideal for environmentally sensitive sites as there is minimum disruption and disturbance to the native vegetation. It is particularly suited to sloping sites where access is difficult.
In summary the benefits of an engineered steel frame home kit are:
- Steel is lighter, stronger and straighter.
- Steel is not treated with dangerous and often toxic chemicals.
- Steel's quality is consistent. No bowing, bending, warping, twisting or movement.
- Steel is not affected by rain and no drying required prior to construction.
- Steel is not subject to rot or rust.
- Steel is non-combustible therefore a lower fire risk.
- Steel is environmentally friendly and the most recycled material in the world.
- Steel use does not lead to health issues. (i.e. resulting from sawing/handling chemically treated timber).
- Steel framing is a lot lighter than timber, therefore less weight results in less foundation movement
When you are looking for strength, durability and quality, steel framing is the natural choice for brick, veneer and direct-clad construction of homes and similar low-rise buildings.
Steel framing also offers other outstanding features and advantages such as:
- Steel frames do not absorb moisture and will not rot or grow toxic mold. As a result, they are considered non-allergenic and have a neutral impact on indoor air quality.
- Steel frames provide occupants with extra protection from lightning as energy is conducted straight to ground, and does not release destructively within the framework.
- Because of its properties including strength and lightness, steel framing is an excellent material to resist earthquakes.
- Steel framing resists fire. Under high heat it will deform but will not burn. Steel frames do not contribute to the spread of fire or increase the fire load. Fire resistance, with excellent fire hazard properties so you just can’t ignite it, and it doesn't add fuel to the fire.
- Steel framing cannot be attacked by vermin or insects such as borer moth and termites.
- Our commercial grade galvanized structural steel frames means less strain on builders/erectors and therefore provides a safer work site.
Steel is strong and light...
- The wall frames and roof trusses can be positioned and screwed together in even the most remote locations without needing access to the power grid
- Our commercial grade galvanized structural steel allows you to build safely and competitively on sloping sites even on the most difficult terrain. We can supply you with a floor system to sit on top of adjustable stumps which makes assembly very easy and you can trailer in most components.
- Steel frames can be used in all climate conditions.
- Steel beam depths are around half that of timber beams offering greater usable space and lower costs than that of other materials.
- Our commercial grade galvanized structural steel's superior strength and flexibility provides increased spanning capabilities meaning fewer columns/stud support requirements and therefore more usable space.
- You can get open-plan living at a competitive price, as steel is 40% stronger than wood and approximately 10% of the weight.
- Hi-tensile steel has the highest strength-to-weight ratio of most conventional building materials.
- Steel does not warp, bow or twist due to shrinkage, ensuring no long term movement problems with the framing and trusses.
- Unlike timber, steel does not creep and long term deflection is minimal.
- Consistent quality and dimensions ensures ease of use and long life.
- Wide availability, so the preferred design can be built virtually anywhere in the world.
- Low maintenance requirements, requiring low cost and effort to keep its design qualities intact.
- Trade familiarity, so there is always ready access to the skills to modify or extend the building.
- Reliability, therefore no need to replace steel building products because of technical improvements, changes in fashion or new research requirements.
- Design freedom, to easily create optimum architectural forms to suit client needs and local building conditions.
You do not need heavy lifting equipment and cranes. This is particularly true on difficult blocks.
- Difficult sites or unusual designs are especially amenable to our commercial grade galvanized structural steel solutions.
- Prefabricated frames are easy and quick to assemble and on-site wastage is almost eliminated. Frames fit together with logic and simplicity and being dimensionally stable once erected they will not move or warp.
- Prefabricated steel frames are straight and true which makes it easier and faster to achieve a high level of internal finish on the walls, the floors, the ceiling. This saves time and money, and some trades actually prefer to work on steel frames because they do not have to pack out, or plane off and compensate for warps, twists and knots.
- Our steel frames are pre-punched for quick and easy installation of plumbing and electrical services.
- Our commercial grade galvanized structural steel is easy to handle and move on site, you do not need cranes and other heavy equipment.
- Our product range supports on-site efficiencies and your ability to perform most tasks yourself with limited assistance or specialized skills. The only additional tools needed, from that of a traditional timber-frame build, are tin snips and a battery-powered drill for screwing Tek screws.
Benefits of our commercial grade galvanized structural steel framing packages for the builder
- Faster & easier to install: Perfectly straight walls & ceilings no warping, buckling, moisture, swelling or movement, no delays waiting for frames to dry. Every piece comes labeled and cut to length reducing work & waste on site, with pre-punched holes for pipes & wiring reducing the work of other trades.
- Trouble free: It's an end to end process from design to construction, while still offering design flexibility. Steel frames are durable and do not distort, so there are fewer call backs. GreenTerraHomes will assist on your first few jobs with on-site training & supervision if needed. There is almost no set-up cost to start steel framing as you will already have most of the tools.
- Strong, light-weight: GreenTerraHomes commercial grade galvanized structural steel is typically 16-18 gauge steel, 30% thicker than most other steel frames in similar structures. This thicker steel specification combined with very high strength to weight properties means frames never distort, are easy to handle, have greater strength for longer spans and higher walls where needed.
- Cost competitive: Steel is the building material of the future. GreenTerraHomes commercial grade galvanized structural steel framing prices are competitive with conventional timber stick framing, allowing you to enjoy the additional onsite advantages of faster, smarter construction.
- 25 Year Commercial Grade Galvanized Structural Steel Frame Warranty
So What is included in the Prefabricated Engineered Structural Steel Home Framing Kit price listed on our site?
The product your are viewing is a Commercial Grade Galvanized Structural Steel Framing Kit
This Structural Steel Framing Kit House includes:
- Engineer Stamped Structural Plans for the galvanized structural steel framing kit with complete structural engineering details (for details click here)
- Engineering complies with your local, state, provincial building codes and is stamped by a state/provincial licensed engineer for your state/province.
- Assembly drawings for the assembly of framing kit and trusses
- Galvanized Structural Steel Stud wall framing for all interior and exterior walls as shown on plans including:
- Door jambs and headers.
- Window jambs, headers, and sills.
- Diagonal bracing (if required) is part-marked, pre-cut for required wall sections
- An assembly diagram for each wall section identifying the location of each part-marked component in the section assembly.
- All self-drilling screws, and angle clips required for assembly of the building frame.
- Galvanized Structural Steel Stud Roof framing
- Galvanized Structural Steel Roof Truss or rafter System ready for assembly as one or more sections ready for final assembly onsite by client.
- Galvanized Structural Steel Blocking is part-marked, and pre-cut for easy assembly between rafters onsite by client
- An assembly diagram for each roof section identifying the location of each part-marked component in the section assembly.
- All self-drilling steel screws, and angle clips required for assembly of the building frame.
Optional materials that may be ordered with steel framing kit for delivery to clients site (charges apply)
- Exterior Cladding such as OSB, Plywood, Cement Board or other sheathing (available at any building material store)
- Metal Roofing panels or asphalt shingles
- Siding - Vinyl, Steel, Wood, etc
- Galvanized Structural Steel Floor Joist system for installation on foundations other than slab (first floor, other floors already included in kit)
What is not included?
- Site grading and excavation.
- Foundation floor engineering and installation.
- Services and hook up such as septic/sewer, water, electrical, gas.
- Mechanical & Plumbing.
- Doors and windows.
- All exterior sheeting and finishing materials
- All interior sheeting and finishing materials
- And anything Not listed in the inclusions above.
Though these are designed as DIY (Do It Yourself) kits, not all owner/builders may be capable and or wish to assemble the home on their own. local framing crews may be used as owner/builder deems appropriate. And you will most likely will be required to use licensed trades in your municipality for excavation, engineering, electrical, mechanical, plumbing and septic/sewer connections. Check with your local building/permitting department before purchasing any plans and or kits.
This galvanized structural steel frame prefabricated home framing kit is designed to be assembled by you or your site crew on SLAB foundation, engineered floor joist systems for ground floor installations on any other form of foundation are available such as basement or crawl space, charges apply. FLOOR JOISTS for all other floors are included within the kit. All house kits are designed and engineered for your specific lot, municipality, wind and snow loads.
Allow estimated 15-30 days for design & engineering, 30-60 days for production and another 10-14 days for delivery. All time-frames are dependent on destination, season, size and model. These timelines will vary greatly for custom orders.
Shipping of Galvanized Structural Steel Framing Kits may be FREE within Continental United states and Canadian Provinces, Click Here for details.
Also note that any other items and or services not listed in INCLUSIONS or Paid for as an option, are not included or part of any sale.
Have more questions or Ready to proceed with an order?
Please make sure to visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for further details and answers that can guide you through the process
If you wish to speak to a Sales Representative please Click Here, fill out the form and we will be happy to assist.
Fill out the Contact Us page form and request a callback for a quote or attach the link of the product you are interested in.
Please visit here for Shipping Information: https://shop.greenterrahomes.com/pages/shipping
- See our Prefab Home Framing Kit Collection
- See our Modular Home Shell Package Collection
- See our builder ready Custom Modular Home Collection
Please note that drawings on the web site are artist renderings only - actual units may vary. Items shown on images & designs such as decks, porches, skirts, landscaping etc. are not included.
* Financing Terms & conditions presented are determined based on your credit, income, existing equity as well as the type and cost of the product being purchased.
**Available onsite services such as foundation, on-site framing, assembly, electrical, plumbing, excavation, and other on-site services may be available via national Home Depot network of independent contractors