MODULAR MULTI TENANT projects are custom design engineered and fabricated based on individual project requirements and scope of work.
Why would I choose a steel frame over a typical stick frame?
Steel framing, is stronger, lasts a life time, and is better than a stick frame home and you can save considerably over a typical wood frame home.
- Green Terra Homes' Galvanized Structural Steel frame components are all of the highest quality without any defects such as warping or knots etc as found in timber.
- Superior Stronger Galvanized Structural Steel Framing for less than wood frame prices.
- A Structural Steel Frame home will maintain its integrity indefinitely without any issues such as rot or corrosion or termite infestation.
- Structural Steel Frames are lighter yet stronger than timber
Why would I choose MODULAR over stick-built home?
The appearance of Modular homes are the same as any traditional site-built home. You can add any style of window, door, wall or feature you prefer, as some can be done in factory and others can still be added on-site when Modules are on site. You cannot tell the difference between modular and traditional homes once completed. Modular homes can be customized in their interior and exterior appearances. Green Terra Homes unlike many other manufacturers, offers the ability to design from scratch and or accepts private renderings for conversion to steel framing and modular. The standard time frame for in factory production is about 3-4 months.
Modular homes are built faster than site built homes and can save you thousands as most of the work is completed inside a temperature controlled factory setting where there are no delays due to weather and having to reschedule work crews. There are a few items that are required on site when building a modular home.
- You will be required to prepare your site and get your foundation ready prior to the arrival of your home.
- Once your home is ready you will have to coordinate shipping and craning of the modules to your site and ensure that the site is accessible to both the truck and crane.
- Once the modules are placed on your foundation they will have to be “stitched” together which is essentially sealing and connecting the modules to one another.
- You will also need to complete any insulation and drywall needed at the connection points, as well as siding and roofing at the connection points on the exterior of the house (partial siding and roofing may already be installed in factory).
- Lastly you will have to install your HVAC (unless you have purchased a package from us to be installed in the unit itself – when there is no basement), and then connect your utilities.
We recommend you hire a contractor to help with the site work and finishes required on site. Buying a modular home means that you could be into your new home months sooner than a traditional site built home and you can also save thousands of dollars in the process.
Use our standard styles and plans as a starting point or bring us your own plan, we are a manufacturer and our factory can produce any home design, any floor plan, and architectural design that you choose. Use our existing home styles and home plans as a pricing tool. Find a style and size closest to your custom home, and use the cost shown per square foot as a starting point for your custom home design price.
So What is included in the STEEL FRAME MODULAR HOME price listed on our site?
OUR STANDARD SPECIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- Galvanized Structural Steel structural studs 16″ on center
- Exterior insulation (thermal break) 1" Foil backed Foam Board R5 Seamlessly Taped
- Total R29+ consisting of R5 Exterior Rigid Foam Board with house wrap + R24 interior insulation
- Optional spray foam insulation or Roxul (additional charges apply)
- 6 mil. poly vapor barrier
- ½” Drywall (boarded, taped, primed - final finishes onsite by builder/owner – as cracks will appear during transport)
- 7/16″ OSB exterior sheathing
- Vendor Standard Vinyl Siding – can be partially installed in factory (finishes done onsite by owner/builder to avoid damage during transport)
Frames and Floors
- Galvanized Structural Steel floor joists 16″ on center
- 5/8″ OSB subflooring glued and screw-nailed
Roof and Ceiling
- Galvanized Structural Steel Roof Rafters or Truss System as per design
Mono slope, peaked, or butterfly roof with steel roofing panels (see max height / shipping requirements below***)Exterior insulation (thermal break) 1" – 2” Foil backed Foam Board (R5-R10) Seamlessly Taped
- Total R31-R55+ based on roof profile (cathedral vs attic)
consisting of R5-R10 Exterior Rigid Foam Board + R31-R55 interior insulation (Optional spray foam insulation, or Roxul - additional charges apply)
- 7/16" roof sheathing with ice shield membrane
- Steel Roofing standard galvalume / galvanized per vendors standard plans (color choices available)
(depending on roof slope and style installation in factory if possible, or due to size and layout chosen by owner/builder may have be installed onsite by owner/builder - additional charges apply)
- Pex polyethylene water lines including external tap(s) per vendors standard plans
- Plumbed and wired for washer and 220 volt dryer (for models with main floor laundry)
- Plumbed and wired for dishwasher
- Builders standard plumbing fixtures per vendors standard plans
- Commercial grade BX steel braided commercial grade Electrical wiring per plans, 100 AMP panel (Optional 200 amp panel, additional charges apply)
- Builders standard receptacles, light switches and interior light fixtures
- Exterior porch lights at entrance doors and exterior weatherproof GFCI receptacle as required per code
- Electric smoke detector and Safe-T-Alert gas alarm as required per code
- GFCI tamper resistant receptacle in bathroom as required per code
- Standard vendor electrical fixtures per standard plans, per code requirements
Windows and Doors
- Slider residential thermo pane windows with low ”E” glass, screens (optional colors available- charges may apply for some colors) – any upgrade from the standard windows will incur additional charges
- Up to 7% of wall space in windows is included in the standard plans charges will apply for additional windows requested over the 7%)
- Vendors Standard Insulating foam around window and door frames
- 36″ x 80″ standard vendors exterior steel door pre-finished in white with builders standard hardware
- 1 Sliding Glass door (5’ standard double pain white) per vendors standard plans
Interior Decor Finish
- White raised panel interior doors with satin stainless-steel door handles per vendors standard plans
- White shaker style cabinets with Thermal foil wrapped doors (additional charges may apply)
- Solid Bamboo Eco-friendly Kitchen countertop
- Stainless steel double sink and vendors standard faucet per plans
- Choice of vendors standard 17” bathroom vanity with sink and faucet hardware per vendors standard plans
- Four-piece 34x34 shower with surround including vendors standard hardware per vendors standard plans
- 8 mm Laminate flooring per plans
- Durable vinyl flooring in kitchens and bathrooms per plan
For a PDF version of the Standard Specifications of our
Modular Homes Click Here
Have more questions or Ready to proceed with an order?
Please make sure to visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for further details and answers that can guide you through the process, if you wish to speak to a Sales Representative please Click Here, fill out the form and we will be happy to assist.
Fill out the Contact Us page form and request a callback for a quote or attach the link of the product you are interested in.
Please visit here for Shipping Information: https://shop.greenterrahomes.com/pages/shipping
- See our Prefab Home Framing Kit Collection
- See our Modular Home Shell Package Collection
- See our builder ready Custom Modular Home Collection
Please note that drawings on the web site are a combination of artist renderings and photos - often with upgraded finishes- actual units may vary. Items shown on images & designs such as decks, porches, skirts, landscaping etc. are not included. Any product or service not listed on the specifications list is not included unless specifically paid for on the sales agreement.
**Available onsite services such as foundation, on-site framing, assembly, excavation, and other on-site services may be available via national Home Depot network of independent contractors (charges apply).
Standard vendors materials, fixtures, trim, mill-work are all based on vendor’s standard sizes. Changes to these specs or removal of certain items to be replaced by specialty items or custom items, will result in additional charges and often in additional onsite finishes for the Owner/Builder. There are no credits applied for items removed. Custom home plans are quoted based on Standard Specifications, and all custom add-ons or changes will be additional.
All Modular homes manufactured by Green Terra Homes are constructed in compliance to the stringent requirements of CWB CSA A-660 for Steel Frame Modular Homes and CSA Standard 8131 A-277, National Building Code of Canada and Provincial Amendments. And USA codes relevant to the State requirement and or location the MOD is going to. All plans are reviewed by engineers authorized for the state/province.
The manufacturer reserves the right to improve or modify the product list herein, without notice or obligation, which may change materials, equipment, specifications or designs. Information contained herein is from the latest data available at the time of printing. Photographs and descriptions may contain some optional extra.
Allow an estimated 30-45 business days for design and engineering depending on your choices, all other production and delivery timelines are dependent on the final design, the decision making processes, destination, season, size and model chosen.
Land, permits, foundation, all site work and preparation, service hook ups, shipping, crane and installation of the modules are all the responsibility of the owner/builder. All prices above are based on the standard specification list provided and sizes and dimensions and items listed. Any and all changes to size, design, specs, standards, finishes, etc will incur additional charges. Anything not listed on the specification list is NOT included.
***Max roof heights for modular home shipments - (max 11’ height on standard trailer, height up to 13’ available with low boy trailer, greater heights will require roofing trusses to be installed onsite by Owner/Builder – additional charges apply)